THROUGH A GLASS NATURALLY
Philip Johnson remembered
Philip Johnson lived continuously in the Glass House since its construction in 1949. This landmark of American modernism was a home, not just an architectural exercise, by design. It was also created as part of a larger composition of architectural experiments, first with one additional pavilion (the guest house), but eventually many others, ranging from art galleries to freestanding sculpture. Most important, from the start, the Glass House was a landscape, originally of 5 acres and today comprising 42.